16 Mar Keep Your Commercial Bids from Disappearing into a Black Hole
Posted at 18:42h in Blog
Keep your commercial bids from disappearing into a black hole
- Make sure you get a clear idea BEFORE submitting your proposal of what the decision making process looks like:
- Who makes the decision
- What are the key criteria
- When will decision be made
- What happens after bids are received
- If a new vendor is selected, when will they start?
- Ask for a commitment from whoever you deliver the bid to to stay in touch with you and to notify you when a decision is made
- Once you make this request (whether in person, via email, or over the phone) WAIT for a response, before assuming you have it. Don’t agree to submit you bid without it
- Let your prospect know that this is a custom proposal and (as one professional to another) you expect the courtesy of a notification
- When following up use phrases like “checking in” and “touching base” to find out when a decision can be anticipated (and where in the process things currently stand).
- DON’T make a nuisance of yourself- understand that corporate wheels turn ever so slowly
- Stay busy enough submitting other commercial proposals that you don’t have time to obsess about any one pending deal ☺